Accounts and security
Vet et Nous reserves the right to impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or the entirety of any Site and the Content, products and services made available through each Site, in its sole discretion and without notice or liability. Vet et Nous also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your Account, membership registration, access or use of any Site and the related services, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise these rights. Upon termination, you will have no Account or similar membership rights to the applicable Site. Our proprietary rights, disclaimers of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any such termination. We may provide notice of termination, if at all, by regular mail or e-mail.
Your privacy is important to us. See our Privacy Statement, available at https://cvrivesud.com/en/about/privacy-policy.html information on the privacy and security practices of Vet et Nous.
Consent to use of data
To facilitate purchase of products, product support and other services we may provide you, you agree that Vet et Nous and/or its third-party service providers may collect, use, store and transmit personally identifiable information about you, including information that identifies your computer, mobile device, tablet, operating system, software, and peripheral hardware. In addition, Vet et Nous and/or its third-party service providers may collect and store non-personally identifiable usage statistics. Vet et Nous and/or its third-party service providers may use this information in the aggregate, in a form which does not personally identify you, to improve its products and services and may share anonymous aggregate data with third parties. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information about the use of your data. To view our Privacy Statement, please click HERE
Intended for users over 13 years of age
The safety of children is very important to us. Although the Sites are intended for use by persons at least 13 years of age, and we have processes in place to help prevent participation in our Site communities and use of our services by persons under 13 years of age at time of registration, we cannot prohibit minors from visiting the Sites and must rely on parents and guardians (at least 18 years of age at time of use) to decide which materials are appropriate for children under 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from children. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information.
Limitations regarding information, articles and advice
All information made available through Sites is for general information and educational purposes only. While certain Information provided through the Sites may be provided by a licensed veterinarian or certified veterinarian technician (collectively, “Veterinary care professionals”), any advice provided through the Sites should not be considered veterinary medical advice, is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure your pet and is not a substitute for professional veterinary care advice, diagnosis or treatment from a treating veterinarian. We do not represent or warrant that any health, behaviour, wellness or other suggestions or recommendations made, referred to, described, or provided through the Sites will be safe, appropriate or effective for your pet. For any medical or health-related advice concerning the care and treatment of your pet, contact your regular veterinarian or local veterinary hospital. If you believe your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, seek appropriate emergency veterinary medical care immediately. Never disregard your veterinary care professional’s advice or delay seeking such advice because of any information communicated through or otherwise related to the sites.
Pet health records and other information provided by Vet et Nous
You may be able to access your pet’s health records or other information via the Sites. By choosing to access such Information via the Sites, you consent to receiving certain electronic pet health care records, including but not limited to vaccination records, which may be provided via a web browser or e-mail application connected to the Internet, or through other means. The pet health records, or other information contained on the Sites, has been collected and/or prepared by Vet et Nous as a service to its visitors. While Vet et Nous has used reasonable efforts to verify that the information on the Sites is useful to its visitors, Vet et Nous does not warrant or guarantee its accuracy or timeliness. If you choose to order pet medications or other prescription products via the Sites you are waiving the confidentiality of those order records, to the extent applicable, with respect of third parties necessary to fill those prescriptions. The Sites do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Sites to purchase products only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and some products may be subject to other restrictions or limitations.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through any Sites (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, or other payment-related information, including your shipping address. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply is true, correct and complete.
No unlawful or prohibited use
- Using any Site to promote, conduct or contribute to fraudulent, obscene, pornographic and/or illegal activities, including deceptive impersonation or activities involving the exploitation of children.
- Using any Site to violate anyone’s privacy rights (e.g. distributing unwanted commercial solicitations), to infringe on intellectual property rights (including copyrights and trademark rights), to harass or defame others, to promote hatred towards any group of people or otherwise to publish or disseminate views or opinions which are, in the opinion of Vet et Nous, obscene, offensive or generally inappropriate.
- Collecting any information or communication about the users of any Site by monitoring, blocking or intercepting any process of or communication initiated by any Site or by developing or using any software or any other process or method that engages or assists in engaging in any of the foregoing.
- Attempting to hack any Site or any communication initiated by any Site or to defeat or overcome any encryption and/or other technical protection methods implemented by Vet et Nous with respect to any Site and/or data and/or content or programming transmitted, processed or stored by Vet et Nous or other users of any Site.
- Uploading files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Uploading files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Disrupting, circumventing or interfering with any part of any Site; forging or modifying any data processed or distributed by any Site; or using an automated process to cause greater demand on any Site than a single person could produce.
- Except as expressly permitted on a Site, altering, modifying, deleting or otherwise interfering with or in any manner compromising any content, programming, advertising, services and/or features contained on or through the Site, including, without limitation, the Site’s advertising and/or content delivery and display functionality.
Communication services; submission of content
Use of Communication Services
The Sites may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. We have no obligation to monitor the Communication Services and we do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, Vet et Nous specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized Vet et Nous spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Vet et Nous. Vet et Nous reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Vet et Nous also reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. Vet et Nous reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Vet et Nous’s sole discretion.
Materials Provided to Vet et Nous or Posted on the Sites
By using the Sites, you agree that any information (except for purchase information) or Content you send to Vet et Nous to contribute to the Sites, or that you submit, post, upload, input or display on the Sites, is not confidential (“User Material”). By submitting any solicited or unsolicited User Material you grant Vet et Nous, and its successors and assigns, an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, unrestricted, sub-licensable and transferable, royalty-free license to use, modify, reproduce, edit, adapt, translate, reformat, prepare derivative works of, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute the User Material in all forms and in all media and in all manners, without any restriction or notice as to changes or alterations for any advertising, promotion, publicity or any other lawful purposes; and to publish your name in connection with your submission. The User Material you submit may be altered for the purposes of proper publication by Vet et Nous. You waive any claims you may have based on any usage of your User Material and release Vet et Nous from any and all liability related to the distribution, publication and dissemination of these items, including publication on the Internet. You waive any and all moral or integrity rights with respect to the User Materials you have submitted to Vet et Nous or that you submit, post, upload, input or display on the Site. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of any User Material, as provided herein. Vet et Nous is under no obligation to post or use any User Material you may provide and may remove any User Material at any time in Vet et Nous’s sole discretion. By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting any User Material you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the User Material including, without limitation, all rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, submit or display the User Material, that the User Material does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any individual or entity, including the photographer who took the photos and/or videos you have submitted; and that these items do not contain any material that otherwise violates any criminal prohibition. You acknowledge that Vet et Nous is relying upon and would not use the User Material you submit in the absence of these terms. We may, at our sole discretion, remove User Material that we determine is unlawful, fraudulent, harassing, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights or our Terms. This includes comments concerning our competitors, vendors, business partners, service providers, associates, and affiliates. Vet et Nous is not liable or responsible for any User Material provided by its users or other third parties for use on the Site. Contributions to this Site by third parties do not necessarily represent the view or opinions of Vet et Nous. Vet et Nous may not preview user content before it appears on the Site. Users can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited user content they provide to the Site, including among other things, infringing, defamatory or offensive materials.
Links to third-party sites
You may only download Content displayed on a Site for non-commercial, personal use, provided you also retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. Except as expressly authorized herein, or by an authorized representative of Vet et Nous, or by license, Vet et Nous strictly prohibits modifying, transmitting, distributing, reusing, reposting, “framing” or using the Content, including the text, images, audio and/or video for public or commercial purposes. Downloading images of products for sale within a Site is strictly prohibited. You may not copy, modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit or participate in the transfer or sale, lease or rental of, create derivative works from or in any way exploit the Content of any Site, in whole or in part.
Copyright and trademark notices
All content and collective work comprising the Sites, including information, articles, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds and other artwork and material is protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights under United States, Canadian and/or international laws and held by Vet et Nous and/or the original creator of the material, including Vet et Nous‘s affiliates, partners, suppliers and/or visitors or users of any Site who have contributed material to the Sites (for more information, see Materials Provided to Vet et Nous or Posted on the Sites above). These rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or developed in the future. All trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names and trade names are the property of their respective owners and are licensed to, or otherwise used with permission by, Vet et Nous. All intellectual property used on the Sites may not be reproduced, copied, or otherwise manipulated in any manner without express, written permission of the owner. Vet et Nous disclaims any proprietary interest in intellectual property other than its own.
Disclaimer of warranties
You expressly agree that your use of the sites is at your own risk. THE SITES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES FOR ANY PURPOSE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. VET ET NOUS AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES, AS WELL AS ITS THIRD-PARTY AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, DISTRIBUTORS, MERCHANTS AND ANY THIRD PARTY WHO POWERS OR SUPPORTS THE SITES FOR VET ET NOUS (COLLECTIVELY, “THIRD PARTIES”), CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF ANY SITE AND THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SAME AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, CLOCKS, TIMERS, COUNTERS, WORMS, SOFTWARE LOCKS, DROP DEAD DEVICES, TROJAN HORSES, ROUTINGS, TRAP DOORS, TIME BOMBS OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL CODES, INSTRUCTIONS, PROGRAMS OR COMPONENTS. NEITHER VET ET NOUS NOR ITS THIRD PARTIES HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTION OR INACTION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES. NEITHER VET ET NOUS NOR ITS THIRD PARTIES WARRANT THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE SITES OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED FOR SALE ON THE SITES. VET ET NOUS AND ITS THIRD PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION, OR ADVICE GIVEN BY VET ET NOUS OR ITS THIRD PARTIES, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY, EXCEPT WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY VET ET NOUS OR ITS THIRD PARTIES SHOULD NOT BE SOLELY RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION. INFORMATION REGARDING SPECIFIC THERAPIES OR STANDARDS OF CARE SHOULD BE VERIFIED THROUGH OTHER RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY SOURCES.
Limitation of liability
Notices and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement
If you believe that your work or User Material has been copied, displayed or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify our Customer Service. A notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication as set forth below, and must include substantially all of the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of such copyrighted work(s) and an identification of what material in such work(s) is claimed to be infringed;
- a description of the exact name of the infringing work and the location of the infringing work on the Service;
- information sufficient to permit Vet et Nous to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number and e-mail address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Customer Service can be reached by mail or e-mail, as follows:
Vet et Nous
7415 Boul. Taschereau,
Brossard, Qc, J4Y 1A2